CPR Instruction in High Schools
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation Instruction, RCW 28A.230.179
- Requirements for CPR/AED Instruction in High Schools and Guidelines for Medical Emergency Response and AED Program Implementation, Washington State Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction (OSPI)
Growth and Development
- The Always Changing® Program from Proctor and Gamble School Programs – Puberty education for 5th and 6th grade girls and boys.
- BeingGirl™ Health and Wellness Program from Proctor and Gamble School Programs – Designed for girls in 7th grade.
- Puberty: the Wonder Years Less Shame…More wonder from Wendy L. Sellers, RN,MA – curriculum for grades 4,5 and 6.
More curriculum and materials options:
- Puberty Curriculum Resources for students with special needs – Marsh Media – 1-800-821-3303
- You Your Body and Puberty grades 5-9 – Human Relations Media 1-800-431-2050
HIV, Sexual Health and Healthy Relationships
- Guidelines for Sexual Health Information and Disease Prevention, OSPI, January 13, 2005
- HIV and Sexual Health Education, OSPI, April 14, 2016
- Washington State HIV/AIDS Prevention Education Requirements, OSPI
- HIV and Sexual Health Training/Staff Development – schedule, OSPI
- KNOW Curriculum – The KNOW Curriculum is one of two HIV/STD curriculum options* available to school districts in Washington state, OSPI
- HIV/STD program – service and resource listings (information in English and Spanish), King County Public Health
- Medically accurate sexual health education – Curricula – Participation excused – Parental review – RCW 28A.300.0475
- Sexual Health Education Rules and Laws,WA State DOH
- Cover Your Cough – Poster and flyer are available for printing in multiple languages, CDC, July 20, 2018
- Healthy Schools, Healthy People, It’s a SNAP! This hands-on initiative for schools is designed to help keep students in school and learning by promoting clean hands, School Network for Absenteeism Prevention (SNAP)
- Be a Germ-Buster…Wash Your Hands! (Publication available in many languages), DOH, March 24, 2015
- Choose Respect Campaign Collection The Public Health Foundation’s Learning Resource Center is offering a Choose Respect Campaign Collection to strengthen the knowledge of your adolescent community and stimulate active conversation around healthy, respectful relationships.
Health and Physical Activity
- Health and Physical Education teaches our students that good health and safety principles can lead to a lifetime of healthy practices, resulting in more productive, active, and successful lives, OSPI, Updated 1/2/2019
Whole School, Whole Community and Whole Child
- Whole School, Whole Community, Whole Child (WSCC), CDC, 5/2018
- Components of the Whole School, Whole Community, Whole Child (WSCC), CDC
- Washington State School Staff Health Training Guide (2018) – Washington State School Nurse Corps. Intended for use by School Nurses and District Administrators to assist in the compliance of state health training for school staff.
- Guidelines for Implementation of School Employee Training on HIV/AIDS and Other Bloodborne Pathogens, OSPI, April 2011
- Bloodborne Pathogens Employee Training on HIV and Protection from Bloodborne Pathogens in the Workplace (PowerPoint), OSPI
- Occupational Exposure to Bloodborne Pathogens, Chapter 296-823 WA
Health Room Assistants
- The School Health Room Assistant: Understanding the Role of Unlicensed Assistive Personnel in the School Health Room (PowerPoint), Washington State School Nurse Corps 2016
Health Competencies for Para educators
- Para educator Competencies – Requirements of Title I, Part A Federal Law (OSPI Website)
- Para educator Health Related Competencies #12 and #14 – PowerPoint – Lynnette Ondeck, MEd, RN, NCSN