Washington State Department of Health
- How to Respond: Injury and Illness at School, DOH and OSPI, October 2016
- Emergency Preparedness, Washington State Department of Health (DOH), (multiple languages) – General information, links to local public health officials, and translated emergency preparedness materials
National, State and Local Resources
- American Academy of Pediatrics: Children & Disasters – Disaster preparedness with an emphasis on children
- Emergency Preparedness for Children with Special Needs, Seattle Children’s Excellent resources for Families of Children with Special Needs in Washington State
- Illinois Emergency Medical Services for Children – Guidelines for the Nurse in the School Setting, 2017
- Disaster Preparedness, National Association of School Nurses (NASN) – Includes NASN position statements, Disaster Preparedness Guidelines for School Nurses, and other relevant links
- School Safety Center: Emergency Preparedness, Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction (OSPI) – Emergency Planning Tools
- Disclosures for Emergency Preparedness – A Decision Tool, U.S. Department of Health & Human Services
- School Crisis Guide The National Education Association (NEA) and NEA Healthy Futures developed this easy-to-use crisis guide with essential, to-the-point advice for schools and districts.
Centers for Disease Control (CDC):
Several sites relating to emergencies and disasters. The sites have information on prevention, preparedness, response and recovery:
- Individuals and Families – Personal Emergency Planning. Resources in 7 languages.
Emergency Planning, U.S. Department of Education Office of Safe and Healthy Students with FEMA:
- Guides for Developing High-Quality School Emergency Operations Plan
- Additional Resources at Readiness and Emergency Management for Schools (REMS) Technical Assistance Center
- When Something Scary happens – Resources to help families in emergencies: Child friendly videos to help explain what to do in a disaster.
- The Great Washington Shake out Resources for earthquake preparedness and state wide drill.
First Aid, CPR and AED
- Semiautomatic External Defibrillator – Duty of Acquirer – Immunity from Civil Liability, RCW 70.54.310
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation Instruction. RCW 28A.230.179
- CPR & Emergency Cardiovascular Care (ECC) – includes new ECC guidelines, online healthcare provider renewal course, search tool to find a class near you
- Medical Emergency Response Plan for Schools – Public health initiative developed by multiple organizations to help schools prepare to manage life threatening emergencies. Jump to the section on School Medical Emergency Response Plan by selecting it in the ‘Jump to’ box.
American Red Cross
- Health and Safety Training & Education, American Red Cross – Courses and Certifications