Washington State Department of Health
- How to Respond: Injury and Illness at School, DOH and OSPI, October 2016
- Emergency Preparedness, Washington State Department of Health (DOH), (multiple languages) – General information, links to local public health officials, and translated emergency preparedness materials
National, State and Local Resources
- Children & Disasters: Disaster Preparedness to Children’s Needs – American Academy of Pediatrics
- Emergency Preparedness for Children with Special Needs, Seattle Children’s – Follow these steps to help you prepare for an emergency or disaster with your child’s special health care needs or disability in mind
- Guidelines for the Nurse in the School Setting, Illinois Emergency Medical Services for Children, 2017
- Disaster Preparedness, National Association of School Nurses (NASN) – Includes NASN position statements, Disaster Preparedness Guidelines for School Nurses, and other relevant links
- School Safety Center, Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction (OSPI) – Emergency Planning Tools
- Disclosures for Emergency Preparedness – A Decision Tool, U.S. Department of Health & Human Services
- School Crisis Guide The National Education Association (NEA), 2018 – Easy-to-use crisis guide with essential, to-the-point advice for schools and districts.
- The Great Washington Shake out – Resources for earthquake preparedness and state wide drill.
Centers for Disease Control (CDC):
- Coping with a Disaster or Traumatic Event – Several webpages relating to various aspects of emergencies and disasters.
- Individuals, Families and Pets – Personal Emergency Planning. Resources in 7 languages.
U.S. Department of Education:
- Guides for Developing High-Quality School Emergency Operations Plan, 2013
- Readiness and Emergency Management for Schools (REMS) Technical Assistance Center – website with additional resources
- CPR & Emergency Cardiovascular Care (ECC) – includes new ECC guidelines, online healthcare provider renewal course, search tool to find a class near you
- Medical Emergency Response Plan for Schools – Public health initiative developed by multiple organizations to help schools prepare to manage life threatening emergencies. Jump to the section on School Medical Emergency Response Plan by selecting it in the ‘Jump to’ box.
American Red Cross
- Health and Safety Training & Education – American Red Cross – Courses and Certifications
OSPI – Health and Fitness Education
- Requirements for CPR/AED Instruction in High Schools and Guidelines for Medical Emergency Response and AED Program Implementation