Whatcom Detention (Bellingham), Skagit Detention (Mount Vernon), Snohomish Detention (Everett), Whatcom Discovery (Ferndale), Skagit Discovery (Sedro-Woolley), Snohomish Discovery (Arlington), Northwest Regional Learning Center (Arlington)
This position involves implementing individualized educational programs (IEPs) which address remediation of educational, social/emotional, pre-vocational, and independent living skills of students with emotional/behavioral disorders in a self-contained setting (grades 1-12).
- Implement IEPs designed by the classroom teacher that specify appropriate instructional goals and objectives.
- Implement effective instructional activities designed by the classroom teacher relevant to the remediation of
educational, social/emotional, pre-vocational, and independent living skill deficits.
- Collect data on student progress at regular intervals.
- Employ a variety of curricula/instructional strategies to meet needs
- Performs related duties as assigned. Related duties may not specifically be listed but are within the general
occupational series and responsibility level typically associated with the employee’s classification of work.
Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Ability to comply with NWESD policy/procedures and to maintain confidentiality of student records.
Experience teaching students with behavioral or developmental disabilities
Skill in diffusing and managing student crisis
A valid Washington State Teaching Certificate, First Aid and CPR training, and valid Washington driver’s license.
Washington State Patrol/Federal Bureau of Investigation criminal history background clearance required.
Employment Conditions and Benefits
Work is performed in an educational center for special needs students. Travel may be required on occasion. Must be physically capable of performing de-escalation techniques. Lifts and carries a maximum of 40 pounds. Adequate manual and finger dexterity, hearing, speech, and vision are necessary to perform the essential functions of this position.
Hazards: Due to the nature of the population of the school, hazards include but are not limited to exposure to weapons, threats, verbal abuse, hitting, fighting, throwing of objects, etc.
Salary RangeSchedule V, Range C ($154.20 per day)
How to Apply
Submit a complete application at nwesd.org/jobs. Applications for this position must include:
- Letter of Interest
- Copies of Official Transcripts
- Copy of Valid WA State Teaching Certificate
- Valid Washington State driver’s license
- WSP/FBI criminal history background clearance is required.
- Any applicable Highly Qualified Documentation