Report to: NWRDC Director
FLSA Status: Exempt
Salary Range: Salary Schedule VI (NWRDC)
SUMMARY: This position has overall responsibility for the operations in the computer room, shipping room, and print services for the Northwest Regional Data Center. The Operations Manager supervises the operations staff in providing services to our clients and provides consultation, support and resolution of client problems in the printing and shipping of data.
- Develops goals and objectives for area of responsibility.
- Evaluates workloads and assignments, and reassigns work as required to ensure work is performed in a timely and efficient manner.
- Provides assistance in specialty area and serves as a resource to others in resolving more complex problems.
- Demonstrates analysis and decision making skills to implement quality improvements and assess effectiveness of changes.
- Applies knowledge of applicable computer software programs.
- Participates in decisions regarding life cycle of equipment within the Operations area.
- Directs all banking activities with multiple financial institutions to ensure direct deposits for member districts occurs.
- Responsible for planning and managing activities associated with the implementation of the fee-for-service Print Shop.
- Develop and maintain on line product ordering.
- Manage requirements for production equipment and software for WESPaC and the Print Shop.
- Responsible for communications and marketing with school districts.
- Directs activities of Print Shop by planning jobs, training staff and keeping records.
- Adheres to excellent production standards.
- Oversees preventative maintenance measures for all hardware associated with operations and the print shop.
- Operates multicolor presses.
- Interfaces with all third party vendors and organizes annual contracts.
- Responsible for ordering and processing all print materials for NWRDC and WSIPC.
- Manages and participates in educational conferences for vendor area.
- Strong verbal, communication and analytical skills.
- Good interpersonal skills including teamwork, respect, courtesy, tact and discretion.
- Flexible and organized with the ability to multi-task and prioritize complete projects and tasks on schedule.
- High commitment to product quality and customer satisfaction.
- Skilled in monitoring the operations environment, identifying errors and taking corrective action.
Supervisory: Will supervise a staff of operators that report directly. Supervision will be with accountability to the Director of the Northwest Regional Data Center. A high level of professional decorum, business acumen and interpersonal skills are required.
They will carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Recruit and retain a high quality workforce. Evaluate, counsel and assess individual performance regularly. Recommend appropriate decision to the Director related to staffing, discipline and other issues as directed.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field. Or seven to ten years of work experience which provides the skills, knowledge and abilities to perform at a supervisory level.
The statements contained herein reflect general details as necessary to describe the essential functions of this position, the level of knowledge and skill typically required, and the scope of responsibility, but should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned, including work in other functional areas to cover absences or relief, to equalize peak work periods, or otherwise to balance the workload. Changes to the position description may be made at the discretion of the employer.
It is the policy of the Northwest Educational Service District No. 189 to not discriminate against any person with regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, marital status or physical or mental disability.