Early Learning Department
The Early Learning department at NWESD works toward a vision that all children have high quality early learning experiences that support optimal growth and development leading to success in school and life. We would like to see that all children are ready for school and all schools are ready for children.
- Help school districts support early learning
- Promote school districts linking to their early learning community
- Create a bridge between OSPI and local early learning communities
- Act as a hub for the dissemination and implementation of the Washington Early Learning Plan and other regional and state initiatives
- Provide training and technical assistance to early childhood professionals, working with children birth through age eight
- Provide training and technical assistance to early childhood special education programs