NWEL is an early childhood systems planning initiative representing more than one hundred organizations including social service providers, public health officials, mental health services, early childhood educators, school districts, business and community leaders, child care licensors, community organizations, and other community stakeholders representing the five-county coalitions that make up the regional area of NWESD:
- Partners for Young Children in Island County
- San Juan County Early Learning Coalition
- Children’s Council of Skagit County
- Snohomish County Early Learning Coalition
- Whatcom Early Learning Alliance
The mission of NWEL is “to support access to comprehensive early learning and family support opportunities for all children and families.” To accomplish this, NWEL aims to support local communities to assure:
- all parents and caregivers promote social/emotional development of children;
- all children have access to high quality early learning environments;
- all families have access to parenting support; and,
- all children have access to health services.
These aims are informed by local need as well as by work at the regional and state-level and as such we are well poised to further the work laid out in the Washington Early Learning Plan. Together the NWESD and NWEL have overseen the development and success of numerous projects throughout the region.