Report to: Science Materials Center Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Salary Range: Salary Schedule I (Classified)
SUMMARY: Stock and prepare science kits for NWESD 189 Science Materials Center (SMC) Cooperative.
- Restock, construct and maintain elementary and middle school science kits.
- Receive and inventory science kit materials into SMC warehouse.
- Maintain environments for living organisms (plants and animals).
- Provide delivery of living organisms (plants and animals) and science kits to SMC cooperative members as scheduled.
- Maintain a clean, orderly and safe work area.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
High school graduate or equivalent. WSP/FBI criminal history background clearance required.
Required knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Knowledge of departmental and/or program objectives.
- Knowledge of basic computer operations.
- Basic mathematical skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written format.
- Ability to operate equipment such as TV and VCR.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers.
Licenses and/or Certifications:
Valid Washington State Driver’s License. Driving record must be acceptable for operation of agency vehicle per NWESD 189 policy..
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Work is performed in a warehouse environment. Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds. Prolonged standing may be required along with climbing, stooping, kneeling, pulling and pushing. Adequate manual and finger dexterity, hearing, speech, and vision are necessary to perform the essential functions of this position.
Hazards: Those present in a normal warehouse environment; no known significant hazards.
The statements contained herein reflect general details as necessary to describe the essential functions of this position, the level of knowledge and skill typically required, and the scope of responsibility, but should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned, including work in other functional areas to cover absences or relief, to equalize peak work periods, or otherwise to balance the workload. Changes to the position description may be made at the discretion of the employer.
It is the policy of the Northwest Educational Service District No. 189 to not discriminate against any person with regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, marital status or physical or mental disability.