What We Do
The pool is governed by an advisory board with a representative from each member district. An executive advisory board, comprised of eight members, provides policy and procedural recommendations; reducing risks and making unemployment-related costs manageable for school districts.
The NWESD Unemployment Pool benefits member school districts in many ways:
- Districts’ individual risks are reduced.
- Member districts are provided expert claims management services which reduce the district cost of managing claims and claims costs.
- Member districts receive immediate responses and expert claims management.
- The cost to individual districts is substantially less than the cost of participating in the State System.
Key services provided by the Unemployment Pool are:
- Representation through the review, hearing, and appeal processes.
- Loss prevention training program.
- Claims management reports.