1110-P – Candidate Orientation
Candidates for appointment or election to the Board are urged to attend public meetings of the Board. All public information about the NWESD 189 will be made available to them.
Additionally, the Board directs the Superintendent to cooperate impartially with all candidates in providing them with information about NWESD 189 governance and operations. Information to Board candidates may include:
- notifying the candidate of open meeting of the Board, and providing an agenda;
- meeting with the candidate to provide background information on the NWESD 189 and Board service and/or arranging such other candidate-orientation sessions as the candidate may reasonably request;
- providing each candidate with access to publications of the NWESD 189, materials from the Association of Educational Service Districts (AESD), the official minutes of Board meetings, and the NWESD 189 policy and procedure manual;
- reviewing the NWESD 189 budget and related fiscal documents; and
- providing each candidate with information regarding the Public Disclosure Act, Open Public Meetings Act, and conflict of interest laws.
Presented to Board: 03/28/01
Date Revised: 10/26/11