Network Support Services
Voice and data networks are growing and in need of qualified, trained support personnel; the Technology Services network support services provides this resource without the burden of payroll and supervisory responsibilities.
Members receive the combined knowledge of the entire Technology Services staff through a fee for service system. A few benefits include:
- Router maintenance, configuration, documentation, and support available.
- Hardware maintenance options available upon special request.
- Comprehensive network documentation and capacity planning assistance.
- Remote network support, monitoring, and diagnostic assistance via the network.
Network Support Services Fees
The rates for the NWESD Network Support Services are based on a formula which represents the true costs to provide the service. This includes:
- Average base salary of the network support specialists
- An indirect rate of 9% for NWESD operations
- A budget to cover average travel expenses throughout our five-county service area which is adjusted to represent required travel to meet the needs of past year’s member district service levels.*
- A budget to cover supervision of support staff
Typically, we require a commitment to participate for an entire school year. This facilitates planning for staffing and serves to reduce cost that might otherwise be incurred when staffing is required on short notice.
*additional travel expensed may be negotiated in advance for particularly remote locations