Educational Technology Support Center
The Educational Technology Support Center (ETSC) is designed to provide school districts in Washington with leadership, support, and training as they move forward in their efforts to establish 21st Century teaching and learning environments. The ETSC provides services to 35 school districts in Snohomish, Skagit, Whatcom, Island and San Juan counties. Our services include, but are not limited to:
- Providing staff development and training in curricular, instructional, and administrative applications of technology in education;
- Facilitating long-range planning for technology in schools;
- Providing technical assistance and support in distance learning, interactive video, online learning, etc.
- Disseminating information on current and emerging technologies;
- Linking schools with similar initiatives to encourage networking.
- Providing other technical and program support.
- Supporting statewide school reform efforts.
ETSC Core Activities
The nine ETSC Directors in Washington work cooperatively to provide leadership in state-wide educational technology efforts in program planning, classroom integration, program assessment, research, grant writing and other related areas. We provide a liaison between school districts and OSPI and between educators and technology.
At NWESD, the ETSC staff are involved in:
- Building and district level technology planning assistance
- E-Rate (Universal Service Fund) Support
- Teaching and Learning in the 21st Century (TL21) program, and other major curriculum-based technology integration projects
- Teacher-Librarian Peer Coaching program
- Support for the integration of Washington Educational Technology Standards and their assessment into teaching and learning
- PILOT (Prepare to Integrate Learning Opportunities with Technology) self-assessment tools for administrators, teacher-librarians, teachers, and students.
- Professional Development coursescurrently available workshops/events
- Providing resources at reduced prices for schools including: software, through Washington Learning Source, computer accessories and AV equipment, through Digital Edge, and access to online and alternative courses for students through Digital Learning K-12, WA.
- Providing information and support to districts, schools, and educators regarding online safety and digital citizenship.
- Communications Department
- Construction Management
- Fiscal Services
- Public Records Request
- Resource Development & Grants
- Surplus Disposal
- Technology Services