Resource Development & Grant Writing
The Resource Development program is focused on the following:
- Ensuring the sustainability of NWESD programs and services through the pursuit of competitive grant opportunities.
- Developing and securing funding for programs to meet the changing needs of our educational communities.
- Assisting school districts in building capacity, developing programs, and funding innovative programs.
- Supporting member districts that apply for and utilize E-rate funding for technology services.
- Providing quality professional development in resource development.
The NWESD offers support to member districts for identifying, cultivating and securing financial support competitive grant opportunities. The following services are available on a fee-for-services basis:
- Project design
- Proposal writing
- Proposal review
- Prospect search
- Customized training
- E-rate Applications
The NWESD offers resources and support for member districts utilizing E-Rate funding in their schools. For a small fee the following services are available:
- Complete your e-rate application including forms 470, 471, and 486 for Priority One and (when applicable) Priority Two services.
- Help you review bids and select vendors.
- Mitigate the Program Integrity Assurances review process and audits if needed.
- Complete your BEAR form to request your refund once your application has been approved and services rendered.
In 2006 the NWESD secured $348,188 in unrestricted funds on behalf of these school districts for their telecommunications expenses. For the 2007-2008 year we increased that amount to $435,163 in Priority One funds, brought in $597,696 for the 2008-09 funding year, and increased again to $675,709 for the 2009-2010 school year.
If you have questions about your membership, or wish to become a member, please contact the Program Manager listed below.
If you need additional assistance please contact one of the NWESD staff members below for more information.
- Communications Department
- Construction Management
- Fiscal Services
- Public Records Request
- Resource Development & Grants
- Surplus Disposal
- Technology Services
Request for Qualifications
The NWESD is seeking qualified program and project evaluators. A Request for Qualifications is available here: 2011 Request for Qualifications