Pupil Transportation's primary goal is to assure the safe transportation of all students. Support for Pupil Transportation is provided by the Regional Transportation Coordinator (RTC) program free of charge to all thirty-five school districts in NWESD. We serve as liaison between OSPI and districts. In this section you can get more information on:
- Technical assistance for pupil transportation operations
- Processing school bus acquisitions and dispositions
- Support over the phone and through various other forms of communication
- Annual state school bus driver trainer instructor inservices
- Monthly OSPI reports and information gathering at WAPT Chapter meetings and NW Driver Trainer Association meetings
- District consultation, site visits and studies upon request
- Maintenance of school bus inspection data and recognition of excellent inspections
What are the steps to buying and processing a school bus?
How do I sell or dispose of a school bus?
What is a school district transportation study and how do I request one?
Do you have a sample in-lieu contract for transporting students?
What if one of my school buses is involved in a collision?
These meetings are held on the third Tuesday of each month except for October and January and are conducted from 10 AM through noon. The chairperson is Lee Heinrichs, available at (360) 629-1229 or by email.
- This meeting is conducted by the Northwest Chapter of the Washington Association for Pupil Transportation (WAPT).
- There is usually an educational program on various topics of interest to participants which is presented during the meeting .
- The Regional Coordinator delivers a current Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction (OSPI) report.
- There is a WAPT report delivered by the chapter's board representative, Sheila Winters.
Driver Training Meetings
These meetings are held on almost every third Wednesday of each month from 10:30 AM to 12:30 PM. The chairperson for the association is Sandi Lane, available at (360) 563-3527 or by email.
- This meeting is conducted by the Northwest Driver Trainer Association, which also sponsors the annual Northwest School Bus Driver Workshop, and NW School Bus Roadeo.
- There is usually a program presented during the meeting that will be of interest to participants.
- The Regional Coordinator delivers a current Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction (OSPI) report that is specific to driver trainer interest.
- There is a WAPT report made available to the group.
- Communications Department
- Construction Management
- Fiscal Services
- Public Records Request
- Resource Development & Grants
- Surplus Disposal
- Technology Services