Northwest Early Learning
NWEL is an early childhood systems planning initiative representing over fifty organizations including social service providers, public health officials, mental health services, early childhood educators, school districts, business and community leaders, child care licensors, community organizations, and other community stakeholders representing the five county coalitions that make up the regional area of NWESD:
- Partners for Young Children in Island County
- San Juan County Early Learning Consortium
- Children’s Council of Skagit County
- Snohomish County Early Learning Coalition
- Whatcom Early Learning Alliance
The mission of NWEL is “to support access to comprehensive early learning and family support opportunities to all children and families.” To accomplish this, NWEL aims to support local communities to assure:
- all parents and caregivers promote social/emotional development of children;
- all children have access to high quality early learning environments;
- all families have access to parenting support; and,
- all children have access to health services.
These aims are informed by local need as well as by work at the regional and state-level and as such we are well poised to further the work laid out in the Washington Early Learning Plan. Together the NWESD and NWEL have overseen the development and success of numerous projects throughout the region.
Northwest Early Learning SharePoint site: This site has been established as a way for members of our local coalitions to stay current and connected with one another. We keep it updated with minutes from NWEL meetings and information related to the current projects.
If you need additional assistance please contact one of the NWESD staff members below for more information.